"Wonderful job, thank you for writing", Jayson Otis in March 2012 via sourceforge
Without deltasql: A developer has to send his/her scripts to everyone,
the exact database state is known only to the database owner.
- Deltasql server manages SQL scripts which alter database structure
organizes scripts in modules, which can be grouped in projects. It
allows to search among them.
- Database synchronization by adding special synchronization
table to each schema. Synchronization script generated by deltasql
server. Handling of branches of branches and tags supported.
- Syncronization scripts can be generated for Oracle,
postgreSQL, mySQL, Microsoft SQL Server and
sqlite. On user request, any SQL-like database can be supported.
- Verification step inside synchronization script to ensure
script is executed on correct schema (available for Oracle, PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server).
- Several teams of developers can manage several projects and several
- Ability to manage development schemas and production schemas by
creating branches, branches of branches and tags.
- Synchronization script can be exported in several formats, including
pretty printed HTML, text and XML or even a zipped package with each
script stored in a file.
- Free to use, Open Source tool licensed under GPL.
- Integration on several platform (Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux) with multipurpose
- Integration in Eclipse IDE with ant client or dbredactor
- Bash client can perform continouus database
integration on Linux.
- RSS feed shows latest submitted scripts.
- Easy to install, like a webforum, as deltasql server runs on
Apache/PHP backed by a mySQL database.
- There is a manual, a list of frequently asked questions and a set
of tutorial movies explaining how it works.
- It is used productively by companies in USA, China, Italy,
Switzerland and India
and is popular in Japan and South Korea. In some companies it manages
10'000 scripts and more than 20 projects.
- Typically used for large J2EE/(Oracle, mySQL, PostgreSQL) software architectures which are partially customized to the customer's wishes, or by DBAs in need to mantain effectively several database types.
- Ability to send email notifications to users who would like to work without deltasql.
- Charting features to monitor how deltasql improves over time.
- Ability to diff scripts if they were subsequently updated, ability to plot the tree of tags and branches and more...
- In short, deltasql is lightweight but powerful, fast and reliable :-)
With deltasql: A developer sends the script to the deltasql server only,
the exact database state is always known and can be synchronized to any state.